Bone Broth Nutrition Challenge
This Nutrition Challenge is all about Bone Broth! I'm super excited for you to try this for yourself at home. It's very easy to make (or I wouldn't do it haha) and I'll take you through step-by-step on what to do.
So my Challenge for you, sometime in the next 2 weeks, is to make Bone Broth and consume it! There's SO MANY amazing benefits to this liquid gold. And many different ways to consume it as part of your daily nutrition. I explain further in the videos below. Check it out!
Bone Broth: What You Need to Know
How to Make Chicken Bone Broth
Whole Chicken Seasoning Recipe
As mentioned in the "How to Make Chicken Bone Broth" video, here is the seasoning mix you can sprinkle inside & outside your raw whole chicken. It adds a lot of flavor to both the chicken and the bone broth. This seasoning recipe is optional. I don't use it every time. I like to mix it up and try different things. But if you're looking to add some yummy flavor, this is a great recipe to use! Feel free to use fresh herbs and/or garlic instead.
* 2 tsp salt (I use pink Himalayan salt or Celtic sea salt)
* 2 tsp Paprika
* 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
* 1 tsp Onion powder
* 1 tsp Thyme
* 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
* 1/2 tsp Black pepper
* Mix all ingredients together in a small container.
* Rinse the whole chicken. Pat it dry with a paper towel. Rub spice on inside and outside of the chicken.
* Place chicken inside the crock pot with your vegetables.
Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup | Crock Pot Recipe
RECIPE: Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup (Using Bone Broth)
* 4-5 cups water
* 4 cups chicken bone broth (1 mason jar full)
* 2/3 cup carrot, sliced (1 large or 2 med)
* 2/3 cup celery, chopped (about 1 large stalk)
* 2/3 cup onion, chopped (about 1/2 large)
* (Optional) 2/3 cup mushrooms, chopped
* 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
* 1 tsp salt, or more if desired
* 1 tsp cumin powder
* 1/2 tsp marjoram
* 1/2 tsp black pepper
* 2 cups diced chicken. Use either cooked from leftover whole chicken, or raw chicken breast.
* 1-2 TB chicken fat from bone broth separation or use butter
* 2 cups cooked gluten-free rotini noodles
* Put all ingredients, EXCEPT the pasta, into a big crock pot. Stir together.
* Cook on LOW 5-7 Hours or HIGH 4 Hours
* With about 15 minutes of cooking time remaining, boil & drain your gluten-free pasta according to instructions.
* During the last few minutes of soup cooking, add your pasta and stir together.
* Serve & enjoy!