2 whole eggs
1-2 slices sprouted grains bread or gluten free bread (Ex: Ezekiel 4:9 brand has both options)
¼ avocado, sliced or chopped
Salt & Pepper, to taste (optional)
1. Fill a pot with water till it’s about 1-2 inches high. Set it on the stove and place your setting on high to start boiling.
2. Once the water is boiling, take kitchen tongs or any other gadget and set the eggs carefully in the pot. Your eggs will not be fully covered in water.
3. Immediately cover with a lid and set your timer for 6 minutes! Keep the lid on the entire time.
4. Meanwhile, get your bread out to toast. Slice your avocado. This way once the eggs are done, you are ready to eat.
5. After the 6 minutes, immediately take the pot over to the sink. Poor out the boiling water and rinse the eggs with cold water. This stops the cooking process to ensure the yolk remains runny.
6. To shell the eggs, lightly tap it on the counter or cutting board. They are very fragile. Carefully peel the shell and give a quick rinse to remove any small pieces.
7. With your toast on a plate, place your chopped avocado on top. Then place your eggs on top and cut into chunks. Voila! The yolk should be nice and runny and ready to eat!
Balanced Meal Breakdown
Protein – whole eggs
Carbs – sprouted grains or gluten free bread
Fat – avocado and egg yolks
Printable Recipe Card - 6 Minute Soft Boiled Egg Breakfast
Will You RECOMMIT to Week 2? Tell Everyone & Finish Strong!